[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Oct 9 07:35:37 CEST 2007

Le 8 oct. 07 à 23:21, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> If I understand correctly, the resource fork is not for MacS in
> general but just for MY Mac in particular?

No, it's for all Macs, but for Macs only. All Macs will use this info
(such as window size and position and, in applications, font choice,
font size, last used printer, last options for this printer, and so
forth). But only Macs will be able to use it.

On Macs resource forks will be invisible. But on other OSes they will
appear as ._something files, where there might confuse readers of the
magnum opus.

Similarly .DS_Store files are used only by the Mac OS X Finder and
are invisible to its user. But on other OSes they will appear as
additional .DS_Store files.

For more info see the pointers provided by Enrico Franconi a few
months ago:

<http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-May/030984.html>

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin