[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:55:49 CEST 2007

On Oct 8, 2007, at 4:53 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.10.2007 um 03:38 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> I will look up all the sites suggested
>
> Check also whether these tools are able to separate the resource
> fork from the file! The resource fork contains data that a Mac OS X
> applications can use to give the file or folder in Finder a
> particular icon, that tell these applications which kind of file it
> is and which application has to be used to open and work with it.
> Removing the resource forks is also some information hiding: we
> won't see which tools you used in creating the thousands of files.
> Mac OS X's LauchService is quite useful in determining the correct
> application to handle the file by looking at its extension. So your
> files won't be completely useless when the resource forks will get
> stripped off.

Given that the stuff is supposed to remain editable and that some of
the people out there may be using a mac, shouldn't I leave the
resource fork? But then how will the "vast majority of wintel
degenerates" be affected? Just by the size of the download?

I believe I saw something about this earlier on the list and I will
look it up but I don't think the subject included the term "resource
fork".

Regards
--schremmer