[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 8 10:53:35 CEST 2007

Am 08.10.2007 um 03:38 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> I will look up all the sites suggested

Check also whether these tools are able to separate the resource fork
from the file! The resource fork contains data that a Mac OS X
applications can use to give the file or folder in Finder a
particular icon, that tell these applications which kind of file it
is and which application has to be used to open and work with it.
Removing the resource forks is also some information hiding: we won't
see which tools you used in creating the thousands of files. Mac OS
X's LauchService is quite useful in determining the correct
application to handle the file by looking at its extension. So your
files won't be completely useless when the resource forks will get
stripped off.

--
Greetings

   Pete

$ sumascii BILL GATES
   B   I   L   L   G   A   T   E   S
  66+ 73+ 76+ 76+ 71+ 65+ 84+ 69+ 83 = 663

  and add 3 because he's Bill Gates the third.