[OS X TeX] BibDesk: Problem with 'compiling' references

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Oct 2 03:11:22 CEST 2007

On Oct 1, 2007, at 16:15, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> Second, there is a BibDesk user's list that is more likely to reach
> those who know about this and also less likely to trouble those here
> who aren't interested in BD or BT, although people here are probably
> not very likely to be bothered.

BibDesk is very much on-topic for this list, or at least it used to be
(it's at least Mac-specific, unlike a lot of the traffic here these
days).

> On Oct 1, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Michael Yudelson wrote:
>
>> I'm using BibDesk and have a problem with exporting references. I
>> have
>> a number of "proceedings" items in my library that are
>> cross-referenced by "inproceedings" papers.
>>
>> Whenever I try to "Preview" or "Copy Drag" improceeddings items it
>> results in 2(two) references instead of one.

This is normal for (some?) BibTeX styles, I believe; you get a
separate citation for the parent and child reference(s).  Have you
tried changing the style in BibDesk's Preview preferences?

>> Since my BibDesk version
>> is up to date and the BibTeX version as well, I'd expect it to handle
>> crossref field correctly.

BibDesk does handle the crossref field correctly, as far as we (its
developers) know.  If you can describe exactly what you expect it to
do, answering your question will be easier.

--
adam