[OS X TeX] Exclude directory from search path?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:36:03 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 29.11.2007 um 14:35 schrieb Matthew Leingang:
>
>> So is there a good way to search by default the contents of ~/
>> Pictures but not the not the contents of ~/Pictures/iPhoto
>> Library/? or otherwise speed this up?
>
> Try 'texdoc graphics' from the command line and look up:
> \graphicspath{dir-list}. I think Alain Schremmer on this list has
> reported some details of his success with his magnum opus. Should
> be available in the archive. Last year, I think ...

What? Me? Success? No way!

Aside from this, though, I am not sure I understand Leingang's question.

In any case, here is the only thing I did that might be relevant:
Along with the other style sheets, I have a MygraphicsPaths.sty  in
which there is just:

	\graphicspath{
		{../Reviews/CurrentI/Figures/}
		{../../Reviews/CurrentI/Figures/}
		{../../../Reviews/CurrentI/Figures/}
		{../Figures/Chapters/013/}
		{../Figures/Exercises/013/}
		{../Figures/Tests/013/}
	}

The first three paths are an example of what allows me to place the
LaTex file in various sub-folders

The last two paths are an example of what allows me to keep the
graphics file in various sub-folders

Then, LaTeX finds what's to be included. Not very fast but OK with me.

Regards
--schremmer