[OS X TeX] .bib files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 29 01:56:20 CET 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 5:57 PM, Itamar Francez wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using MacTex, and until today I have always had just one big
> folder with all my .tex files in it. Now I would like to organize
> that folder into subfolders, but when I started a sub-folder with a
> paper I'm working on, I got this problem that bibtex doesn't find
> any of the references. This problem goes away when I put a copy of
> my .bib file into the subfolder where this particular .tex file is
> sitting. Is there a way around having to keep a copy of the .bib
> file in every subfolder?
> thanks, Itamar.

Howdy,

Place the bib files in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/ or sub-directories
of that directory (where ~ is your home directory). Create any
directory or sub-directory that doesn't exist already.

If you have bibliography style files they can go into ~/Library/texmf/
bibtex/bst/ or sub-directories of that directory.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)