[OS X TeX] Mac TeX with Powerpoint

Matthew Leingang leingang at math.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 28 12:32:36 CET 2007

For a pure TeX solution I second beamer; there are other TeX packages
for creating presentations such as powerdot and texpower.

Some of my colleagues use a combination of TeXShop and Keynote
(Apple's competitor to PowerPoint).  You can typeset material in (La)
TeX using TeXShop, select and copy regions of the PDF in the that
application's preview window, then paste into a Keynote slide.  The
disadvantage is to update the slide you have to dig up the source
code and revise it.

Although I've never used it, I think that LaTeXit [1] does this very
thing in a smaller utility.

HTH,
Matt

[1] http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php