[OS X TeX] Problems with nested lists?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:52:08 CET 2007

On Nov 25, 2007, at 5:13 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> And also, pretty pretty *please*: in your email software, don't
> start a new thread by replying to a message from another thread.
> This messes up threading in standard OS X applications like Mail
> and Thunderbird, which base threading on invisible headers like (in
> your original message):

> revealing that you created your message by replying to one of
> George Gratzer's messages in the thread "[OS X TeX] Re: When Is It
> Coming Out?".
>
> Again, the invisible headers of your message reveal that you're
> using the text-based emailer Mutt:

> According to its web page <http://www.mutt.org/>, Mutt does support
> threading. I wonder whether the same effect manifests itself with
> it (namely messed-up threading when a new thread is created by
> replying to another thread).

This business of "invisible headers" and "messed-up threading" is
suddenly giving me cold sweats: I am using Mail and, whenever I
thought of starting a new thread, I have clicked on "To: TeX on Mac
OS X Mailing List <macosx …> in any previous post and then, in the
pop-up menu, on "New Message". It seemed logical but now …

Could you reassure me or let me know what I should do?

Worried regards
--schremmer