[OS X TeX] LaTeX presentations in full screen - avoiding Adobe Reader

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Nov 19 17:18:06 CET 2007

Le 19 nov. 07 à 16:33, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :

> As Bruno says, this will probably not last past the next update. I
> think, however, that I can lead a fulfilling life w/o acrobat and
> its updates. I installed it because I needed to open an .fdf file
> but as I discovered,  by changing the extension to pdf, fdf files
> can be opened in preview (or TS).

Last I looked into the matter, .fdf files were forms based on a
specific dialect of PDF, and Adobe applications (the free Reader or
the non-free Acrobat), in version 7 or above, were required to fill
them in. Which was all the more annoying since the colleague who had
to fill in such a form was working on Linux, there was no Linux
version of Acrobat 7 at the time, and the form was required for a
grant application.

That was one or two years ago, so the situation may have changed since.

Bruno