[OS X TeX] Leo's Spotlight doesn't find sty, lco, engine files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 19 15:36:16 CET 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 3:32 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Am 18.11.2007 um 16.34 schrieb Maarten Sneep:
>>
>> What is it that you would want to find in sty and lco files that
>> make it worthwhile to add them to the spotlight index?
>
> I want to find the files itself. When I want to open the file
> xyzname.sty and did not know, where the file is, in Tiger I could
> hit Cmd+Space, enter xyzname, and the Spotlight search has found it
> immediately. The Leo Spotlight doesn't find it. That's the issue.
>
> Kind regards, Friedrich
>
> --
> Der Himmel ist dort, wo die Polizisten Briten sind, die Köche
> Franzosen, die Mechaniker Deutsche, die Liebhaber Italiener und
> alles von Schweizern organisiert wird.
>
> Die Hölle ist dort, wo die Köche Briten sind, die Mechaniker
> Franzosen, die Liebhaber Schweizer und die Polizisten Deutsche und
> alles von Italienern organisiert wird.

Howdy,

There is a nice TeXShop macro written by Mathew Hills that will use
kpsewhich to find a file along the correct search path from within a
tex source document. E.g., if you select packagename in

\usepackage[options]{packagename}

and run the macro (I've got it bound to Opt-Cmd-O for quick use) it
will look for packagename.sty along the proper path. Similar for .bib
files in \bibliography{bibname}, etc.

It's part of TeXShopKit.zip at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2> as
TeXShopKit/For Library-TeXShop/For Macros/Mathew Hills/Open
Selection.txt. Open he file, copy the complete macro and install it
using the TeXShop's built-in Macro Editor.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)