[OS X TeX] convert .tex file to .html

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sun Nov 18 04:25:47 CET 2007

Enrico,

What TeX distribution are you using? If it is TeX Live or gwTeX, then
TeX4ht should be already installed in the distribution.

The latest version of TeXShop has an "engine" file for \ this program.
It is in

	~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive

If you don't find it there, but have TeXShop 2.14, then move the
entire folder ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines to your desktop. The next time
TeXShop starts, it will create the default folder, which will include
a TeX4ht folder and htlatex.engine. To use it, move htlatex.engine
from the inactive folder to  ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines.

To use this program, enter standard latex source in the Source Window.
In the pulldown menu next to the Typeset button, select htlatex. When
you push the Typeset button, your latex source will be typeset and
then converted to an html file, and this html file will open in Safari.

You can make this happen automatically (without selecting htlatex) by
entering

	%!TEX TS-program = htlatex

near the top of your source file.

Dick Koch