[OS X TeX] Leopard 10.5.1

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 16 22:05:23 CET 2007

Le 16 nov. 07 à 19:48, Richard Seguin a écrit :

> The firewall is basically left off and wide open by default after
> upgrading, even if you had it on and air tight before updating. It's
> also a little different than the previous one, and I'm not sure what
> the precise differences are. I've heard that it is probably not as
> secure as the previous one, but that the old one, now with no GUI
> front end, is still there in the code. Supposedly it can be
> manipulated through the terminal somehow, but when I have time I'm
> going to be investigating a free-ware GUI front end that someone has
> made for it:
>
> http://www.hanynet.com/waterroof/index.html

There's a relatively detailed description of the new firewall at

<http://www.macbidouille.com/articles/238/page13/>

also available as pp.77-79 of

<http://files.macbidouille.com/articles/leopard/Leopard_par_MacBidouille.pdf

Unfortunately it's in French only. There's probably an English-
speaking site proposing a similar review.

Bruno Voisin