[OS X TeX] MacTex Distribution Updates?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 15 11:26:01 CET 2007

Should be that message <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-August/031851.html
 >.

In short:

- The standard MacTeX-2007 package from <www.tug.org/mactex> contains
the official 2007 TeXLive release (dated February) plus up-to-date
versions of GUI applicatioons (TeXShop, BibDesk, Excalibur, LaTeXiT).
In Linux parlance you would probably call that a stable release.

- At <http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html> you can get
separately mactex-additions which contains these up-to-date GUI
applications only, and texlive-2007-dev which contains a more up-to-
date version of TeXLive (dated September). In Linux parlance that
would be an unstable or development release, I imagine.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin