[OS X TeX] MacTex Distribution Updates?

Michael Roessner retrax at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 09:47:58 CET 2007

Hello,

is there anywhere a announcement of new releases of the "MacTeX
Distribution" anywhere on the http://www.tug.org/mactex/ Website?

There is actual the information that MacTeX based on TeX Live 2007 is
released in Februrary 2007 (http://tug.org/twg/mactex/) but if i
download the .DMG File, the installer notifies me that the MacTeX
Distribution is from September 2007. I found no information to this
case on the website. So if i not downloaded the whole .dmg file -
maybe i did not recognize that there is a new version of the
distribution out in the world.

On the MacTeX Updates and Additional MacTeX Packages site (http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html
) there is also no information about the September Release of the
whole distribution.

I have with the MacTeX TeX Live 2007 distribution no possibilites to
update automatically the different packages which are changed, or?

The alternative is using the Gerben Wierda's Distribution and check
for updates over the i-installer.app.

But Gerben Wierda seems not to update his distribution anymore. The
last Updates are from spring 2007.

So, is it better to switch from gwTeX to TeX Live 2007 from the MacTeX
Distribution?

There are plans to release an update programm like i-installer.app for
the MacTex TeX Live Distribution?

Thansk and Regards

Michael