[OS X TeX] bibtex and Japanese (or Chinese)

Jonathan Lewis jonathan_lewis at mac.com
Wed Nov 14 01:31:16 CET 2007

Dear Alex,

It goes without saying that you're more likely to find answers to
these questions written in Japanese than in English :-)

I haven't tried this myself but the following page offers basic
advice about Japanese in bibtex:

http://keizai.xrea.jp/latex/bib/bib01.html

As far as sorting names is concerned, as with any other database of
Japanese personal names, you create a field with the kana version of
the name and sort on that.

As regards the order of name/surname, they enter names in the
following format:

奥野 正寛 and 鈴村 興太郎

So no automatic ordering of name/surname takes place.

Jonathan Lewis
Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo