[OS X TeX] Find Panel in TS

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue Nov 13 22:11:33 CET 2007

Some time ago I reported a sporadic problem with TS's OgreKit Find
Panel becoming unresponsive. I now have a way to reproduce the problem
each time:

1. Bring up a document in TS.
2. Do a Find All search for some string that appears in the text.
3. Dismiss the Find window.
4. Click the mouse anywhere on the finder to make TS inactive.
5. Click the mouse on a TS window to make TS active again and, voila:
the dismissed Find window is  back but does not respond to the mouse,
i.e. you can't click it away or type in it. Apparently, TS knows that
the window has been dismissed, so it ignores it, yet it still displays
it.  (BTW, the Find All panel can be dismissed at this point). If you
call the find panel from the Find menu (or apple+F, etc), the window
becomes responsive again.

On my computer at least (TS Version 2.14-svn (2.14) running on
Leopard), the problem is reproducible each time.

Themis