[OS X TeX] bibtex and Japanese (or Chinese)

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Nov 13 19:03:10 CET 2007

> It's really complicated, especially if you want a standard that
> makes "everyone" happy (or upsets everyone equally); just go ask
> Bruce D'Arcus about this.  The problem with developing such a
> standard is that it apparently takes years of arguing, at which
> point the people who need to use it have gotten fed up and
> developed a bunch of partial workarounds.  The programming is
> trivial compared to dealing with the users and getting consensus.

The pros and cons of bibtex aside, where's the problem in using the
bibtex format and come up with a bibtex replacement which can handle
(mainly sort) non-Roman characters?

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully." George W.
Bush