[OS X TeX] Version controls for LaTeX book production

George Gratzer gratzer at ms.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 12 03:47:21 CET 2007

I do not disagree with Gary, because he writes books jointly with
(many) others.

I wrote some 20 book, all of them by myself.  If I want to go back to
an earlier version in something, I do not have to explain why. I know.
I was stupid.

I also wrote some 250 research papers, most of the joint work, with
over 60 co-authors -- with more than one, more than 50 papers each.
Here I use a simple system. Each section is owned by a co-author at
any one time. When he is finished, the section is passed over to the
other author, saying, now you own it. Explanation for the changes are
commented and the comments are deleted as soon as the changes are
accepted or further changed.

Not very fancy, but very efficient.

GG