[OS X TeX] Another TeXShop search/replace bug

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Nov 9 17:32:27 CET 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Alan Munn wrote:

> At 10:20 AM -0600 11/9/07, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> On Nov 9, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Alan Munn wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone.  This is NOT related to Leopard.  I've previously
>>> noted bugs in the OgreKit regex search/replace functions with
>>> respect to ^ matching.
>>>
>>> Here's another bug. I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm it (or
>>> tell me what I'm doing wrong.)
>>>
>>> Construct a file with the following: (namely: >, tab, 1, period)

>>> Now do the following regexp replace:
>>>
>>> Find:
>>>
>>> [> \t][0-9]\,
>>>
>>> Replace with:
>>>
>>> foo
>>>
>>> The result is

>>> Instead of the correct
>>>
>>> foo
>
>> Does
>>
>>> [ \t][0-9]\.
>>
>> work?
>
> No (sorry for the typo in my original message (see my own followup
> correcting this)  The issue seems to be the replacement of the >
> character.
>
> Alan

Howdy,

Don't know what happened but I moved the `>' just outside of the
square brackets: >[ \t][0-9]\.

I think it's doing the shortest match so the first square bracket
expression says `pick > or space or tab', etc. and the tab makes the
shortest match. Moving the `>' outside the brackets means `pick >
followed by either space or tab', etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)