[OS X TeX] Just went to Leopard and ...

Tom Koornwinder thk at science.uva.nl
Thu Nov 8 15:38:07 CET 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 6:20 PM, William I. Newman <win at ucla.edu> wrote:

> However,  whenever I typeset an existing TeX (i.e.,
> Textures) document---and my installation of TeXshop may have
> inadvertently imposed A4 page standards, my margins are horribly
> messed up.  (They are messed up even in the context of using A4
> paper.)  Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

A few weeks ago I also experienced these bad printing results (on A4) for
my old plain TeX documents, prepared long ago in Textures, when I typeset
them now in TeXShop using pdftex. I was shocked and confused, but my
way around is now to typeset them using tex instead of pdftex,
for instance by putting on the first line of the plain TeX document
%!TEX TS-program =  tex
Then everything is typeset and printed fine for me (for the price of
an intermediate dvi file).

		Tom Koornwinder