[OS X TeX] fonts in leopard

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 2 06:32:53 CET 2007

Le 2 nov. 07 à 05:03, Philipp Mathey a écrit :

> Ok, a little more experimenting shows that apparently logging out
> solves the problem
> provided I do not open any pdf file with TeXniscope. In that case
> the fonts get messed up, in TeXniscope
> and then also in Preview or quicklook. So the culprit seems to be
> TeXniscope.
> Could someone who knows more about the inner workings of TeXniscope
> and its font rendering mechanism
> explain what's going on ? It seems that TeXniscope cannot render
> certain fonts (see console message
> about missing glyphs) and uses some other font instead. This other
> font then was activated somehow
> and then is used systemwide by other pdf viewers such as Preview. So
> if TeXniscope could find
> what it needs, the problem would be solved.

Have you reported this to TeXniscope's developer (Massimiliano
Gubinelli)? Last time he posted to this list was 11 months ago, so he
may not be listening anymore.

Googling  a bit, it seems Massimiliano's home page has moved: the one
listed in TeXniscope's page, namely

<http://www2.ing.unipi.it/~d9615/homepage/index.html>

seems not to be updated any longer, and be superseded by

<http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~gubinell/>

Bruno Voisin