[OS X TeX] [ANN] Excalibur 4.0.3

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 29 14:32:10 CEST 2007

Le 29 mai 07 à 14:06, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Could the problem with the .dmg file no working when downloaded
> with FireFox (or Camino --- my favorite and it also uses the Gecko
> engine) be that the MIME type wasn't set properly? Just pure
> speculation --- the Gecko engine is much less forgiving about non-
> standards compliance.

Could this be related with the odd way Safari deals with disk images,
upon downloading them:

- There are disk images that are put silently to the trash after
downloading (the trash icon remaining empty in the Dock, you have to
click it to see that there is indeed something there), while their
content appears in your download directory (the Desktop for me).

- There are disk images that are put inside a .download bundle, while
their content is extracted and put into the download directory.

- There are disk images that appear as a .dmg file in the download
directory and which are mounted upon download.

I imagine this is related in some way or another to whether the disk
image has been internet-enabled:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/
SoftwareDistribution/Containers/chapter_3_section_3.html>

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin