[OS X TeX] GNUPLOT on Mac

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Thu May 24 00:59:15 CEST 2007

No, you don't need gd.  Accroding to the gnuplot documentation:

If you want to support gif output, you need to download,
compile and install the gd library : see term/gif.trm for details.

Gnuplot is one of the easiest UNIX programs to install.  Depending on
what version of LaTeX is installed, most of the optional libraries
are included with the distribution.