[OS X TeX] Compressing pdf graphics

Chabot Denis chabotd at globetrotter.net
Tue May 22 19:14:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

Recently I posted a question to the R mailing list because pdf plots
I make with it can be larger than png files when a lot of objects are
plotted (but offer much better quality, of course, in particular for
zooming in on details).

What prompted my question was the fact that Acrobat can shrink these
graphics (or my LaTeX documents that contain lots of them) quite a
bit, and I was hoping there was a compression option I did not know
about.

I'm including a reply I received because it suggests this compression
can be done within LaTeX.

Do you know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Denis
p.s. my 22 MB pdf report can be shrunk to 6.9 MB with Acrobat!

Début du message réexpédié :