[OS X TeX] Beamer and Xelatex - No overlays

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue May 22 00:16:11 CEST 2007

Am 21.05.2007 um 22:57 schrieb Alex Speed Kjeldsen:

> On 21/05/2007, at 10.41, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> \documentclass[xetex]{beamer}

Could be I was wrong with this recommendation – at least I can't find
pgfsys-xetex.def here. XeLaTeX started to work with this header:

	\documentclass[dvipdfm]{beamer}

but ran into this disaster:

	! Font \zf at basefont="Andron Scriptor Web" at 10.0pt not loadable:
Metric (TFM)
	file or installed font not found.
	\zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
	                                                  \unless \ifzf at icu
\zf at set@...
	l.11 ...ont={JunicodeItalic}]{Andron Scriptor Web}

Nevertheless, using 'xelatex -output-driver=xdvipdfmx' created a PDF
file which added with every page turned another formula. So I think
the effect you are looking for is there. All you need is the
xdvipdfmx programme to convert xelatex's XDV output file to PDF,
which is mostly used with the options -q and -E to keep quiet and to
embed every font, even when not allowed to!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
                                      -- Elbert Hubbard