[OS X TeX] One line is longer than the others

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon May 21 20:41:37 CEST 2007

On May 21, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Jean-Claude DE SOZA wrote:

> I have added the microtype package and no more line longer than the
> others.
> Jean-Claude DE SOZA

Howdy,

I find the font expansion provided by the microtype package and
pdflatex truly amazing. There is much less hyphenation and a
beautifully even ``gray'' to paragraphs with very few rivers. The
cost is files size; each of the stretched fonts have to be
(partially) embedded in the pdf so the files can get fairly large.

This is one of the few things I really wish was in XeLaTeX but that
is probably impossible at this time. I'm looking forward to finding
out more about LuaTeX to see how it all fits together.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)