[OS X TeX] trying to use belleek or mathtime fonts

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Mon May 21 17:47:59 CEST 2007

Hi.

Running MacOS X 10.4.9 on a G4 iMac ...

I recently upgraded to MacTeX, as found on the 2007 TeXLive DVD.  I'm
now having problems getting the Belleek fonts to work.

Here's a test file:

---%<------%<------%<------%<--Cut-Here-%<------%<------%<------%<------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{mathtime}

\begin{document}
Hello world. $a=b$.
\[\int_\Omega d\omega = \int_{\partial\Omega}\omega.\]
Goodbye.
\end{document}
---%<------%<------%<------%<--Cut-Here-%<------%<------%<------%<------

BTW, somebody pointed out to me that the current TeXLive doesn't have
mathtime.sty.  However, I'm using the mathtime.sty that's found on a
previous TeXLive distribution.  Said file works fine with the new
TeXLive distribution on a Linux machine.

Anyway, when I LaTeX the test file, I get the msg
   kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+456/600 --
dpi 456 mtmi
which then leads to failure.

Note that the file /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg has
   Map belleek.map
and the file pdftex.map has
   rmtmi RBLMI <rblmi.pfb

BTW, I own the real MathTime fonts, and the same problem happens when
I put
   Map mt-yy.map
into updmap.cfg and rerun updmap.

Suggestions?  Thanks!

Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?
Internet: agw STRUDEL comcast.net