[OS X TeX] Can only get TeXLive to see ~user/Library/texmf if logged in as admin

Luci Ellis luci at verbeia.com
Mon May 21 00:03:47 CEST 2007

Dear all,

Having switched over from an old gwTeTeX distro to TeXLive recently, I've
run into some problems getting the TeXLive binaries to see my rather large
collection of custom stuff in my ~/Library/texmf tree. It worked fine using
teTeX/iTexMac, but under TeXLive/TeXShop, it only recognises this folder
tree if I have set my account up as an admin user. This is kind of a
nuisance as (a) I have a lot of custom packages and class files I don't want
to give up, and (b) I would prefer not to have to either run my normal
account with admin privileges or keep switching admin status on and off
whenever I'm writing in LaTeX.

I couldn't find any similar recent posting on the archive. Is there
something obvious I have missed?

Thanks in advance,
Luci Ellis