[OS X TeX] Re: PDFViewer

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed May 16 23:59:06 CEST 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>> I'm using Carbon Emacs: I can't find where to do such presetting. Any idea?
>>
>> Roussanka
> Aha!  I think it is the same problem.  And fortunately for me, the same cure.
> Check out this link http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/LaTeXAquamacs
>
> The pertinent info is about Aquamacs' emacsclient which you need to tell
> PDFView and Skim about:
>
> /Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient
>
> I put that in the Custom setting of Skim and it works.

Thanks a lot: I've found how to Preset PDFView for Emacs.

At <http://pdfview.sourceforge.net/latex.html>

Kasper mentions that the ampersand in the following code (placed in .emacs)

(defun raise-emacs-on-aqua()
   (shell-command "osascript -e 'tell application \"Emacs\" to activate' &"))

opens up an *Async Shell..." and adds robustness. I find the Async Shell
and splitting the Emacs' buffer irritating (for now, I'm getting rid of
it manually by C-x 1). Removing the ampersand causes Emacs to freeze after
the 2nd run of Cmd+Click. Does anybody know if the robustness refer to
this problem?

How to get rid of the automatic split of the buffer for Async Shell
without the freezing.

> Thanks,
>
> Rodney

Thanks: