[OS X TeX] PDFViewer (was: Re: [carbon-emacs:172] search and inverse search)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed May 16 12:21:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've thought it would be appropriate to sent this out to the MacOSX-TeX
list too.

PDFView is a great relieve in viewing pdfs while typesetting in Emacs,
despite of problems that I am getting with it. (Sorry for not trying
PDFView earlier.)

BTW, not only the automatic switch back and forth between the pdf files
and Emacs doesn't work (with "\usepackage{pdfsync}" in the preamble of
the tex file), but also I am not getting:

- the search through the pdf file in PDFView:
Cmd+F (or Edit -> Find -> Find...) prompts the Search box in the side bar,
but then it can not find any occurrences of what I type in it.

- Copy (in the pdf) -> Paste in the search box doesn't respond
(Ctrl+Y pastes persistently a word that I had in the Emacs ring at some
point yesterday :)

Nevertheless, I like the PDFViewer a lot, and would like it as a pdf
viewer after simpdftex (for dvips dependencies). This should be handled
with some script.

Roussanka

--
Roussanka