[OS X TeX] pdfpages

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Wed May 16 04:03:26 CEST 2007

Hi Themis -

> I am using pdfpages to collate a large number of pdf files but I
> want each pdf file to start on an odd page so that when I print
> double-sided, each pdf will appear on a facing page.

while not an direct answer to your question, an idea that I
considered once (assuming that I understand you correctly in that you
want to first produce a 1up pdf file):

Maybe your .tex file is laid-out in a way that allows you to have a
script that reads the names of the files to be included from for
instance a directory, or a text file, and then writes the appropriate
\includepdf statements.

If so, then you could determine the number of pages for each included
file via the pdfinfo command (xpdf suite), and include a \clearpage
(or \cleardoublepage, forgot which) after the odd numbered papers.

Good luck.
Jan