[OS X TeX] How to match fonts in LaTeXiT with fonts in Keynote

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue May 15 18:40:04 CEST 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Jeremy Conlin wrote:

> Yes, that would work.  However I don't want to change the default font
> for the particular theme I have chosen.  I just want to be able to use
> the same font in my LaTeX?  Does that make sense?

Yes. However, if you want to typeset math your options are a bit
limited.

The issue here is that TeX requires specific font support to typeset
math and has in the past used rather idiosyncratic encodings, so even
w/ a TeX variant which supports contemporary font formats such as
XeTeX mathematics doesn't quite work (yet).

http://scripts.sil.org/xetex

will get you started though, allowing you to use any font you have
installed on your system in xelatex, and there has been some work on
getting things like Cambria and the Stixfonts (http://
www.stixfonts.org/) to work.

William

--