[OS X TeX] TeXDesign ?

Adam M. Goldstein amgoldstein at mac.com
Tue May 15 02:21:49 CEST 2007

This looks like a deep question to me---but I can't follow!

Is there a particular problem you're facing or an aim you're working
toward?

I wonder if something like LyX is what you are looking for.

Is there really any advantage to using InDesign for control of
layouts? I would think that with TeX you have as much control as is
possible, except that one has to learn to program it, whereas a
graphically oriented interface to the document may be more easily
picked up by experimentation, if one is already familiar with similar
tools.

Are you aiming to produce print manuscripts, or something like a
poster or flyer, or a catalog of photos?

-Adam

On May 14, 2007, at 7:38 PM, AJG Baeumel wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I am looking for guidance for and pointers to how to approximate and
> realize fine-grained layout controls for graphics and the rest(math/
> text),
> along the lines of InDesign. I am aware of the dichotomy between
> structural and frame based approaches. Where are the mediators and
> synergies?
>
> I have experienced the power of the text/math typesetting and I have
> encountered difficulties in realizing customized layouts.
>
> Could you please advise?
>
> Regards
> Albert
>
> AJG Baeumel   mailto:ajgB at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk