[OS X TeX] TKZplot2d for tikz/pgf problem.

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon May 14 07:43:01 CEST 2007

Le 14 mai 07 à 02:27, Gary Church a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> I've recently discovered pgf/tikz and have been impressed with it's
> features and relative ease of use. Being a mathematics teacher, I
> also think the TKZplot2d and other add-ons to tikz found below will
> be very useful.
>
> http://www.altermundus.fr/pages/pdflatex/plot2d.html
>
> If anyone is familiar with this enhancement to pgf/tikz plotting
> package for latex, maybe you can help me with a minor (I think)
> problem.
>
> I've been trying the example plots in the TKZplot2d documentation
> and all works fine except for a few of the examples. One of the
> shorter ones is:
>
> \begin{tikzpicture}[scale=1.5]
> \tkzinit[xmax=1,xstep=0.1,ymax=1,ystep=0.1]
> \tkzgrid
> \tkzx
> \tkzy
> \tkzfct[lw=0.8pt](0.00001..1){\x**\x}
> % \tkzfctpt[type=$\bullet$](1/(exp(1)),\tkzfcta){A}
> % \tkztg[color=blue,lw=.8pt,kr=0.2,kl=0.2]{\tkzfcta}({1/(exp(1))})
> \tkztg[color=blue,lw=.8pt,kr=0,kl=1]{\tkzfcta}(1)
> \end{tikzpicture}
>
> This compiles fine as shown but doesn't work when the commented
> lines are uncommented (as they are in the original example in the
> documentation). When these lines are uncommented, I get the errors
> below. I suspect the problem is with the "exp(1)" expression but
> don't understand why this evidently worked as documented but
> doesn't work for me.
>
> If anyone else uses this TKZplot2d package, could you try the above
> example and let me know if you get the same errors that I'm getting.

Hello

I'm the author of TKZplot2d but i'm also a mathematics teacher ans i
work this morning but in  a few hours i can give you the solution.

First look at your files (tikz/pgf)

http://pgf.cvs.sourceforge.net/pgf/pgf/generic/pgf/utilities/pgfutil-
common.tex?view=log

You need this one (above) is from cvs