[OS X TeX] embedding fonts

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Thu May 10 04:26:45 CEST 2007

> that is exactly what I needed, and apparently it has worked
> (configuration finished wo critical errors). But: how do I actually
> check, if the fonst have been embedded in the document?

Once you have recompiled your .tex file with the new settings, open
the resulting .pdf in Adobe Acrobat and check the "Fonts" tab under
File > Document Properties. Every font you used should be listed (and
sometimes a few others that I don't know anything about), and after
each font it should say "(Embedded Subset)".

In case you need a non-Adobe solution, you can get the same info on
the command line with the help of the free "pdffonts" tool from the
xpdf suite (http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/). There should be
discussions in the list archives on how to compile/install these, but
if you don't need the tools that rely on Motif, it's pretty straight
forward.

Cheers,
Jan