[OS X TeX] TeXLive issue

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed May 9 22:00:03 CEST 2007

Hi Bruno,

On 9/05/2007, at 8:38 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 9 mai 07 à 03:50, Alan Litchfield a écrit :
>
>> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> Did you install TeX Live 2007 directly or via the MacTeX installer?
>>> If the latter you should set TeXShop->Preferences->Engine path to
>>> binaries preference to
>>
>> I install directly. I don't use MacTeX or gwTeX.
>
> What this means is a mystery to me. Do you mean you installed
> directly from the TeXLive DVD?

I installed, and I assumed from Herb's question what he meant, from
the command line with ./install-tl.sh. Means I need to manually
update the path in TeXShop and $PATH because the install directory
changes with every new release.

This is the way normally do it since I use a number of different
platforms (MacOS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Windows,...), so the only
variation to the pattern is Windows.

Alan