[OS X TeX] TeXLive issue

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed May 9 01:43:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> Maybe you need to replace /usr/local/blah blah blah . . . above with
>
> /usr/texbin
>
> in the TeXShop "engine" preferences?

It is installed into:
/usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/powerpc-darwin/ done that, thanks.

> To make sure that you are using TL2007, set your "TeX Distributions"
> preference pane in the OS X system prefs to TL2007. This should be
> installed with TL 2007, I think.

Hmm haven't got one of those. But I installed from the command line.

OK, here's something.

In the TeXShop preferences I switched from pdftex for the typesetting engine
to Personal Script, and in the Personal script field I entered ./pdflatex.

And you know? It worked.

But, the permissions for pdflatex are:
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  6 May  9 10:58 pdflatex -> pdftex

Alan