[OS X TeX] OT: Authoring+Editing with LaTeX/Mac Integration

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue May 8 23:47:40 CEST 2007

I have written two 200-pages course related texts, both using plain
text editors (started in textures and migrated into TS). I use
\include for each chapter and have no need for folding as long as I
can use TeXShop's %: to create tags for sections/subsection etc. I
have created a small number of custom environments (e.g. examples
that are numbered by chapter) and tons of command shortcuts which I
put in a personal package. Finally, I use memoir to put everything
together and pdfsync to move from source to output. This has worked
so well for me that I doubt I will try anything new anytime soon.

Themis