[OS X TeX] OT: Authoring+Editing with LaTeX/Mac Integration

Jeffrey J Weimer weimerj at email.uah.edu
Tue May 8 21:51:03 CEST 2007

I have been in search of a good tool for the Authoring + Editing
stage of preparing a manuscript (a textbook in this case). My primary
goal is to find a tool that allows me to WRITE a document unfettered
with concerns about Design + Printing. During the writing process, an
ability to OVERSEE the organization of the content is important.
Direct INTEGRATION with LaTeX at the Design + Printing stage is the
final wish.

So far, I have found Scrivener (http://www.literatureandlatte.com/
scrivener.html) as the most likely tool to accomplish the WRITE and
(some aspects of the) OVERSEE parts of the process. The downside is,
its only INTEGRATION with LaTeX is through MultiMarkDown. This leaves
me a bit ... unimpressed (I started a thread on the Scrivener forum
with further comments about this for those interested).

Before I go further, I wondered what experiences others might be
willing to share.

Thanks.

--
J. J. Weimer, Chemistry / Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Alabama in Huntsville, MSB 125, 301 Sparkman Dr