[OS X TeX] jobname

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:17:57 CEST 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On May 7, 2007, at 7:43 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>> On Apr 23, 2007, at 6:49 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>
>>> […] my original query which was:

>> I have finally solved the problem or, rather, after looking up the
>> site suggested by Sneep,
>>
>> 	http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=filename
>> [...]
>
> Alain,
>
> If I understand it, your method works with \include{FILE}. Does it
> work with \input{FILE}?

No idea, but, in any case, this is not /my/ method. If you want, I
will see what happens when I change a couple of include into input.

> Ross Moore's code of 1/24/07 works very well with \input and I've
> been using it since (thanks Ross!). However, I use this in a root
> file with lots of \input (not \include). BTW, Ross' code will not
> work with \include --it returns the root file instead of the
> \include'd file.

Yes, so I had noticed, but I hadn't tried it with input (I was under
the apparently wrong impression that input was a TeX primitive and I
wasn't going to mess around with that. However, I have yet to do my
homework and learn what the difference really is.)

Regards
--schremmer