[OS X TeX] Changing fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 7 20:20:23 CEST 2007

Am 07.05.2007 um 19:44 schrieb Raheel Ahmad:

> Any ideas why no change in font happens when I have just this in my
> preamble:
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{helvet}

Helvetica is a sans-serif font. By default a serif font is used in
LaTeX. You can change this completely by using

	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{phv}

(then you would not need to load the helvetica package) which might
lead to headers in Helvetica as well, or you switch to the sans-serif
font at the beginning of your text body:

	{\sffamily ...
	}

The reason is that the package only sets a particular font for the
sans-serif face. If you do not switch from serif (or roman) to sans-
serif nothing obvious happens.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Encryption:  A powerful algorithmic encoding technique employed in
the creation
                      of computer manuals.