[OS X TeX] OT: low-tech bibliographic hyperlinking

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu May 3 16:47:21 CEST 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> biblatex is currently still a beta, available on CTAN. But don't be afraid,
> although it is officially a beta it is very stable and reliable. In fact, it
> is so reliable that I switched my whole thesis from jurabib to biblatex only
> a couple of weeks before completion. Something you definitely shouldn't do
> normally but which worked very well (the book goes to print this week, which
> means that everything went really, really well).

Then there are two books to be celebrated these days on this list!

I wish to George Gratzer, and to you, all the pleasures that come with
work, and, of course, along it too.

Both books, George Graetzer's Short_Course/Math_into_Latex-4, and Simon's
book are good occasions for some glasses of red wine (for those who
enjoy it) with sprinkles of resveratrol (good for the life of cells) or,
for some of us, some cups of good dark chocolate (good antioxidant).
Either way, we enjoy whatever we typeset by latex-ing.

What is the topic of your dissertation and book? It has been typeset by
TeX, and on Mac, apparently. When it comes to TeX, there is quite strong
tendency: math, compsci, physics, computational linguistics, natural
sciences,... Your messages end with film... Somehow it binds right away
with Mac, but not so directly with TeX.

Sorry for this divergence and curiosity.

Best wishes,
Roussanka