[OS X TeX] Re: Spell checker

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:08:37 CEST 2007

On Apr 29, 2007, at 4:04 PM, Bastian Philipps wrote:

> Tobias Sebastian Kuhn said the following on 29.4.2007 21:44 Uhr:
>> Yeah, use aspell (http://aspell.net/) together with cocoAspell
>> (http://cocoaspell.leuski.net/)
>
> I can definitely support the recommendation of cocoaspell. One
> should note though, that cocoaspell already install aspell, so no
> seperate install of aspell is necessary.
>
> Also installation of further dictionaries is really simple, just
> copying into cocoaspell's app-support folder in the library, then
> chosing the prefpane and *swosh* the dictionary is already being
> compiled

I thought I would give another try to cocoaspell and I downloaded it
(I am sure) and installed it (I think so.)

My problem is that is that I write in English in TeXShop,  in French
in TextEdit, and either way in Mail.

In Mail and TextEdit, I can go Edit > Spelling > Spelling and set
either "English (US) Cocoaspell" or French. (Unfortunately of course
I have to do this before I start writing.)

In TexShop, however,  even though English (U.S.) is the only
dictionary selected in the cocoaspell preferences, the language is
now set to French and I have no idea what caused this.

So, my question is how do I set TexShop back to English?

Hopeful regards
--schremmer