[OS X TeX] OT: looking for a public-domain EPS file editor

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue May 1 16:02:27 CEST 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> Is it really that complicated in Illustrator (which I haven't used
> for years)? In Omnigraffle, when I export to pdf, the dialog box
> gives a choice of exporting the entire document, the current
> canvas, all objects, or only the selected objects. (And it
> remembers what you did previously as default, and of course
> automatically puts in the right bounding box.) You really can't do
> that in Illustrator?

Yes, that's really the way it is (unless AI CS3 has changed this).
You have to manually match the size in Document Setup to the size of
what you want represented as the graphic before saving / exporting
to .ai or .pdf because the current Document Setup size is used as the
document size in the .pdf.

Lengthy discussion of this here:

http://www.prioritylitho.com/pages/Real%20World%20Illustrator.html

and even more, (w/ specific instructions) here:

http://groups.google.com/group/adobe.illustrator.macintosh/msg/
49edd8f2494914ab?dmode=source

William

--