[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Mar 31 19:26:28 CEST 2007

Le 31 mars 07 à 18:11, Victor Ivrii a écrit :

> On 3/31/07, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 31.03.2007 um 15:23 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
>>
>> > F.e. on Windows there is a plug-in a(?) allowing to see pdf
>> > embedded in html page
>>
>> That's the same situation as in Mac OS X, or any other operating
>> system: no-one (maybe except of BeOS) offers native support for PDF
>> in the HTML browser, because the browsers themselves do not implement
>> functionality to read and display PDF – they need a plug-in,
>> everywhere.
>
> But Windows has this plug-in (or may be activex or how they call it)
> while other oOSes do not.

But:

- Safari (Tiger version, maybe Panther as well, I don't remember) is
already displaying PDF files.

- Adobe Reader installs a PDF Browser plugin (sadly, without telling
or asking the user) upon installation.

- There is also the PDF Browser Plugin from <http://www.schubert-
it.com/pluginpdf/>.

Or are you speaking of plugins allowing to view a page including PDF
file "fragments" among other HTML "elements", as opposed to plugins
allowing browsers to view PDF files in separate windows or tabs? I've
never tried that AFAIR with the above plugins.

Bruno Voisin