[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Mar 31 14:55:38 CEST 2007

 > Yes, with every graphics format as indicated by
 > \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{}, plus EPS. Only with PS and EPS I can
 > convert from PS to PDF output format. The same behaviour shows
 > simpdftex. Gv can only display PS output with PS or EPS images. Xdvi
 > shows all DVI output, the images as frames except when PS or EPS.
 >
 > AFAIK the LaTeX source is legal.

I too think so.  LaTeX accepts the figures blindly without being
concerned on how they are going to be viewed or processed.  It just
passes on a piece of code similar to

    PSfile="Image.gif" llx=0 lly=0 urx=328 ury=406 rhi=2267 clip

The dvips tool acts similarly, it just imports the picture code without
processing in a format similar to

      0 @lly 328 @urx 406 @ury 2267 @rhi @clip @setspecial
      %%BeginDocument: Image.gif
      ...importedd gif code...
      %%EndDocument

The complaint at my place comes from Ghostscript when I try to view
the code directly or translate it to PNG format through
ImageMagic/convert.  I don't know how Ghostscript can be configured
to deal with GIF code imported into postscript data.

-eitan