[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 30 16:59:14 CEST 2007

Am 30.03.2007 um 04:00 schrieb Eitan Gurari:

> The pdf mode is irrelevant for tex4ht.

I know. I was trying to demonstrate how I build "bilingual" TeX
documents, providing for example a bounding box.

> Does a compilation for postscript format provide a proper output
> (e.g., latex + dvips)?  That
> is the mode that matters for tex4ht, and I was not able to get it
> working.

Yes, with every graphics format as indicated by
\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{}, plus EPS. Only with PS and EPS I can
convert from PS to PDF output format. The same behaviour shows
simpdftex. Gv can only display PS output with PS or EPS images. Xdvi
shows all DVI output, the images as frames except when PS or EPS.

AFAIK the LaTeX source is legal.

--
Greetings

   Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
                                        -- Anonymous