[OS X TeX] Why so severe?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 29 21:05:32 CEST 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 11:33 AM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> The new Latex/Texlive 2007 seems to be more severe (strict, stern,
> unforgiving) then the old one.
>
> For example, last year I had no problem with input foo, and now, if
> I don't type \input{foo} (with braces), TeXShop freezes instantly
> without even writing something on the console. This was not esay to
> debug!
>
> Is this deliberate politics from the LaTeX designers ?
>
> André Bellaïche

Howdy,

I've just tried both

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\input{foo}
\end{document}

and

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\input foo
\end{document}

where foo.tex contains

This is \textt{foo.tex}.

(note that there is a return at the end of the line) and have no
difference in the output.

Can you give a minimal example where there is a problem?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)