[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Mar 29 15:05:11 CEST 2007

 > I have a longtable environment which I split for PDF output with a
 > few \newpage's. In HTML the vertical space between the last row "on
 > the last page" and the first row "on the next page" is not constant
 > and shrinks in two cases to zero.

Can you place a short sample latex file on the web demonstrating the
problem and provide the url to the file.

 > There is one error with an included PNG image in the end:
 >
 > 	Execute script `File.lg'
 > 	----------------------------
 > 	t4ht.c (2006-09-13-14:28 kpathsea)
 > 	t4ht -f/File
 > 	(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex4ht/base/win32/tex4ht.env)
 > 	Entering File.lg
 > 	System call: if exist zzFile.ps DEL zzFile.ps >nul
 > 	sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
 > 	--- Warning --- System return: 512
 > 	Entering File.css
 > 	Entering File.tmp

 > size. I can't find in any file the invocation of ImageMagick's
 > convert that obviously produces the faulty EPS file.

Ditto: can you place a, short if possible, sample latex file on the
web demonstrating the problem and provide the url to the file.

 > BTW, Eitan: how can I persuade htlatex to create a united HTML and
 > CSS file?

Try the command line option `css-in' (information of this kind is
provided in the log files, when the compilations raise the `info'
command line option).

 > At home I found by chance \ifHtml: does this fail because it's latex
 > that creates the DVI file?

Yes.

 > Is it only useful when one's back-converting HTML?

It is an old relic which I don't know whether it works correctly and I
intend to get rid of it.

-eitan