[OS X TeX] TeXShop Crash-o-matic

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 23 17:06:27 CET 2007

On Mar 23, 2007, at 11:33 AM, Michael S. Hanson wrote:

> 	I recently updated several of my LaTeX related applications to the
> most recent versions, including TeXShop to version 2.10beta8 (210)
> -- or at least that is what CrashReporter states is the version in
> the now nearly daily crashes I have been getting with TeXShop.  I
> don't recall having any problems of this type with my earlier
> installation -- although causality is complicated here by the fact
> that I also recently updated to OS X 10.4.9 (which may just be a
> red herring).  This is all on a dual G5.  So, a few questions:
>
> 	1.  Do others on the list have stability issues with this version
> of TeXShop?  This combination of TeXShop and OS X 10.4.9?
>
> 	2.  How can I find a copy of an older version of TeXShop that is
> stable?  (I didn't think to keep notes on this, but I believe I was
> previously using 2.09c or the like.)
>
> 	3.  Is there a place one should send CrashReporter logs for
> TeXShop?  Is this even of use to the developers?
>
> 	Thanks!
>
>                                         -- Mike

Howdy,

I'm not having problems like you're seeing on my Powerbook G4.

Have you tried to remove the preferences file (~/Library/Preferences/
TeXShop.plist) and restarting TeXShop? Crashing on start up of any
application is often, but not always, due to a corrupted preferences
file.

Finally, you can submit bug reports (with the crash log) at the
TeXShop project bug reporter site, <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
group_id=155796&atid=797238>.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)